On the eve of the 31st, the festivities will be in full swing: the pointed hats and broom sticks, the bandages and fake blood will be out in force.
With just 14-days left to Halloween I thought I would include a few decorating and recipe ideas to get your party off to a howling start. If you are hosting a #halloween party (and why not?) you do not need to spend a fortune or invest hours decorating and cooking before hand. Although a little bit of decoration will certainly get your party off to an appropriately spooky start, which is why I think you are going to love these easy to execute suggestions:
1. Eyeball lights: You will need: Ping pong balls Felt tip pens Fairy lights. Directions: Draw pupils on to the balls and give your guests the shivers!
2.Halloween hands on ribbon(filled with sweets): You will need: plastic gloves colourful sweets ribbon stapler Direction: Fill the gloves with sweets, staple the ribbon and then hand on a wall, door or window
3. Milk cartons with funny faces: You will need: Clean milk cartons black marker pen fairy lights Directions: Draw a horrid face onto the carton, line them up outside your house and place the fairy lights inside each one. Make sure the lights are suitable for outdoors in advance.
4. Paint a pumpkin:You will need: Pumpkin Paints brushes Directions: Get artistic using the best Halloween colours you can find and work your magic
4. Pot spiders: You will need: Small plastic plant pot paints pipe wire glue/sellotape Directions: paint your pot; paint eyes, mouth, and anything else you fancy. Attach the legs
5. Create a Halloween treat tree: think Christmas tree but with a focus on orange and black: You will need: Branches (you could spray paint these to look more attractive) Vase And lots and lots of things to hang from the branches.. Directitons: get creative, hang carrots, sweets, prizes that you can place in cones…the possibilities are endless
#Trick your guests with these artistic #treats: the silly, the sophisticated and the downright weird: #sweet and savoury RECIPES!
Eyeball cakepops!!BBC Good Food
Pumpkin biryani , BBC Good Food
Cheesy brains (popcorn) BBC Good Food
Witches fingers with dip, Sainsburys recipe
Zombie teeth, Sainsburys recipe
Boohnannas, Sainsbury’s recipes
Eyeball potatoes, Sainsbury’s recipe
Floating ghost muffins, Sainsbury’s recipes
These recipes have been taken from BBC Good Food and Sainsbury’s Homemade by you.
And don’t forget…OUR COMPETITION IS STILL LIVE UNTIL 31/10/2014, Midnight
There is still time to enter our #halloween #competition. All you need to do to enter is visit our Twitter page, @stylishintent FOLLOW us and #retweet the competition Tweet (sample below):
You cannot have #halloween without a #pumpkin
Eames Rocker in pumpkin orange. DO YOU WANT ONE? #win #halloweenrocker @stylishintent
Our #competition: #Good luck!